For over a century, we have been using keys to enter our cars and run the engine. That started to change in the early 2000s when luxury car makers began producing vehicles with the push-button start. The push button start allows drivers to simply press a button instead of pulling out your key, inserting it, and turning it to start the car. Tampa Locksmith has enough experience in the industry to say that this technological advancement comes with its drawbacks, however. Though the push button start makes starting the car a simpler process, the system is a bit more complicated.
To be honest, the inner mechanism of a vehicle with a push button start is no different that that with a traditional key. Both systems close the circuit on the ignition to start the engine. The beauty of the push button start is in the key fob. This key fob is a small device with a transmitter that broadcasts a signal to the car’s computer. If the computer recognizes the key fob’s code, then you are able to crank the ignition. This code is unique to your key fob and vehicle, however. That means someone else with a key fob cannot get in and start your engine with their fob.
Like all technology, push button start has its benefits and drawbacks. While it has made things much more convenient, there are complaints.
- Simply having the key fob in your pocket or purse is enough to access and start your car. The sensors in the car can communicate with the key fob at a certain distance.
- Remote unlocking and remote starting are huge conveniences. If someone needs to grab something from your car, then you press the unlock button from a distance. Remote start is a great way to warm or cool your car before you get into it.
- No more locking your keys inside the car. The car computer will detect if the key is inside your car.
- It can be easy to forget to turn the car off and leave it running. Doubled with forgetting to put the car on “park” can lead to a costly accident.
- Key fobs are much more difficult to replace than traditional keys.
- As electronic devices, key fobs are susceptible to batteries dying and other damage. You will need to know how to manually start your vehicle or find a locksmith in Tampa FL to replace the key fob.
Need Help with Your Push Button Start?
If you are having issues with your push button start, then call Tampa Locksmith for timely and reliable assistance. Our certified locksmiths are available at all times of the day and are equipped to handle your problem the first time around. With competitive prices and regular promotional offers, we do our best to make sure our quality services are also affordable. Call now to speak with a friendly staff member.
How safe is your home? This is a critical question every homeowner...Read More